- The Centre
- Conservation and Restoration
- RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
- Educational Services
- SEMINARS AND EVENTS
- News & Press
From 1 - 14 September 2019 a workshop on design applied to restoration, involving teaching staff from the Centro and the Polytechnic of Turin, will be held in one of the most significant monuments of Piedmont’s Langa district, the castle of Caldera di Monesiglio.
As case study for designing a restoration project, the workshop proposes the decorated architectural surfaces of the Castle itself.
• Preparing a preliminary study and intervention project
• Surveying and investigating a historic building with multiple phases of decoration
• Planning conservation and restoration work with an integrated, interdisciplinary approach
• Assessing the state of conservation through analysis of cause and effect
• Examining the stratigraphic sequence of the materials through sampling and devising of a diagnostics plan
• Interfacing with all professions involved in a project, preparing a study and intervention plan (academics, professionals in diagnostics, officials and the Safeguarding Authorities)
• Fifth year students, students writing theses and graduates from the Conservation and Restoration Degree Course, within 24 months of graduation