This site uses cookies, including third parties, in order to improve your experience and to provide services in line with your preferences. By clicking "accept" you consent to the use of cookies. To learn more or opt out of all or some cookies go to the information.

Paintings of Peranda and Castelli

Last Updated on 07 March 2014

Mirandola, Municipal Palace

 

3 4  mirandola

 

The restoration of the Conversion of St. Paul by Sante Peranda, 1612

The restoration carried out on the Conversion of Saint Paul allowed the recovery of the original painterly qualities of the painting and the studies conducted during the work with the help of non-invasive diagnostics have revealed some new elements, such as the presence of a painting below what we see today, indicating the reuse of a previously painted canvas.
 

paolo primo1                                                paolo dopo

Photography diffuse light:                                                                                                                 Photography diffuse light:
before
the restoration 
                                                                                                                                  after the restoration 
Go to in-depth article                                                                                                                                
                                     

The restoration of the Madonna and Child with Saints by Annibale Castelli, 1603

The painting was cleaned by oxidized coatings, overlays and previous restorations. The observations and analysis conducted during construction have allowed a more careful reading of the painting technique: traditionally refers to the Emilia area, thanks to the recovery that occurred with the restoration the work is now more certainty attributed to the Bolognese painter Annibale Castles.

 

sante prima                                              sante dopo 

Photography diffuse light:                                                                                                                 Photography diffuse light:
before
the restoration 
                                                                                                                                  after the restoration 

Go to in-depth article              

 

1rombo On the occasion of the exhibition "The Italian Courts: The House of Este. The Renaissance and Baroque in Ferrara and Modena" (Royal Palace of Venaria, March 8th to July 6th in 2014), the restoration laboratories of the CCR have also restored Baptist and Dosso Dossi's panel from the Galleria Estense in Modena.

Go to the page

 

mibact Regione Piemonte LOGO CITTAMETROPOLITANA TORINO1 Comune di Torino Comune di Venaria Reale Università degli Studi di Torino logo compagnia di san paolo black CRT Logo sito

Fondazione Centro Conservazione e Restauro dei Beni Culturali La Venaria Reale - Via XX Settembre 18 - 10078 Venaria Reale (TO) Italy  - Tel. +39 011 4993.011 - Fax +39 011 4993.033 - Email: info@centrorestaurovenaria.it - PEC email: direzione@pec.ccrvenaria.it - Partita IVA 09120370011 - Codice Fiscale 97662370010

Informativa Privacy                                                                                                                                    2012 | Designed by Andrea Martina